The 2017 Verizon Data Breach Investigation Report found that “for the overwhelming majority of attacks exploiting known vulnerabilities, the patch had been available for months prior to the breach.” Recent high-profile security incidents, such as Wannacry or Petya ransomware, or Equifax breach highlight the need to patch all systems and applications in a timely manner.
Every organization needs a well-defined vulnerability management process to detect and fix both old and new vulnerabilities before they are exploited by the adversaries.
Continuous Vulnerability and Patch Management helps you identify potential weak links (vulnerabilities and missing patches) that can be exploited by the attacker and apply available patches using an auditable workflow. Vulnerability Management should include regular scans of your IT infrastructure to detect and prioritize vulnerabilities based on business risk and vulnerability exploitability, and remediation of exploitable high-risk vulnerabilities and vulnerabilities with known exploits. An effective patch management process allows you to take the hassle out of patch deployment by automating the process of identifying missing patches, and providing an auditable workflow to review, approve schedule and validate missing patches. A well-defined, integrated Vulnerability and Patch Management process is essential for real security and inherently complies with various regulatory mandates such as PCI DSS, HIPAA, NIST, FFIEC, GLBA, SOX, FERPA, and others.
Benefits of Vulnerability and Patch Management Service
Cygilant Vulnerability and Patch Management (VPM) service reduces your attack surface by proactively identifying vulnerabilities and the patches that fix them across your IT environment, prioritizing them based on business impact and risk, and providing remediation guidance and assistance -- saving you valuable time and reducing operational costs. The service automatically scans your systems and applications for missing patches, including patches that fix software vulnerabilities, and provides a controlled workflow to review, approve, schedule, apply and validate patches. The service includes Cygilant’s global security services team who act as an extension to your lean IT team and help you manage your Vulnerability and Patch Management process.
Protect Critical Assets
- Safeguard customer data, PII, and PHI data, and intellectual property from cyber attacks by remediating potential attack vectors
- Save time and money by leveraging the Cygilant SOC team and automating vulnerability and patch management
Leverage Your Preferred Vulnerability Management Technology
- Leverage Cygilant to remotely manage Rapid7, Qualys and Tenable VM technologies
- Retain access to run scans and configure reports whenever you need to, while our team relieve you of the day-to-day management
Regulatory Compliance and Reporting
- Comply with PCI DSS, HIPAA, FFIEC, GLBA, SOX, FERPA, NERC-CIP and others
Vulnerability and Patch Management Capabilities
Continuous Vulnerability Scanning
- Cygilant's Global SOC team of security engineers will manage your Rapid7, Qualys, or Tenable vulnerability scanning solutions to continuously scan IT assets to identify vulnerabilities
Risk-based Prioritization of Vulnerabilities
- Cygilant automatically prioritizes vulnerabilities based on exploitability and business risk
Security Content Engineering
- Cygilant's GSOC will provide daily/weekly/monthly reporting and guidance on reducing the attack surface, keeping all stakeholders up-to-date
Cygilant's Patch Management service scans, identifies, and can deploy missing patches for operating systems, including Windows, Linux, MacOS and third-party applications, including Adobe and Java.
Integrated Vulnerability and Patch Management
- Faster workflow with correlation of vulnerabilities identified with the missing patches that will fix the vulnerability on assets
- Quickly assess vulnerabilities and deploy the patches in one integrated workflow, now a true single pane of glass solution
Auditable Change Management
- Auditable workflow to review, approve, schedule, install, and validate the installation of missing patches by asset type and group
- Automated reports to demonstrate your risk management process for auditors and executives
- Assistance with meeting compliance requirements related to vulnerability and patch management
Dedicated GSOC Team
- A dedicated Cygilant Service Delivery Manager, backed by GSOC security engineers, provides a force multiplier effect to help you manage vulnerability scans and patch large IT environments cost effectively
How Vulnerability and Patch Management Works
With Cygilant Vulnerability and Patch Management, you don’t need to worry about a dedicated team to manage your vulnerability scanning technology or spend 100s of hours combing through 100s of pages of reports trying to make sense of 1,000s of vulnerabilities or managing and scanning your assets for missing patches, and then trying to deploy patches and report on your change management process.
Cygilant can leverage vulnerability scanners - Rapid7 Nexpose and InsightVM, Tenable Nessus and Tenable.io, or Qualys - to schedule regular scans and prioritize vulnerabilities based on risk to your organization. The service combines Cygilant Patch Management at no additional cost to identify, prioritize and deploy available patches along with change management controls. Cygilant GSOC security analysts work with your team 24x7 to manage the VM technology, run scans to identify and prioritize vulnerabilities and missing patches, fix vulnerabilities, patch systems, with an intelligent correlation engine to identify which patches you can deploy from SOCVue will fix identified vulnerabilities. Acting as an extension to your IT team, Cygilant’s goal is to free you of laborious time-consuming tasks and help you reduce your attack surface to prevent disaster. We empower IT and security teams to leverage scarce resources and improve their effectiveness, all at a reasonable total cost of ownership.
We save our customers 100s of hours and 1000s of dollars every week, and give them peace of mind with 24x7 detection and response to security incidents and vulnerabilities. Get in touch to learn how we can help your organization be more resilient to cyberattacks and compliance mandates.