SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) and Log Management are critical components of a ‘defense in depth’ approach to information security. SIEM collects and correlates log and event data from security technologies such as firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, endpoint management, anti-virus, anti-spam, anti-malware and others along with data from servers and applications deployed on premises, in virtualized data centers or hosted in the cloud on AWS, Microsoft Azure or other platforms. SIEM provides an elegant mechanism to review log data (to meet compliance mandates) and intelligently correlate information from disparate systems to generate a fuller picture of the organization's true security posture. While individual devices or point products may provide bits and pieces of information, SIEM helps identify security risks that individual products miss.
Many security conscious organizations purchase a SIEM and struggle to get value out of their investments due to challenges with lack of internal resources, time and expertise required to deploy and manage SIEM and Log Management technology. SIEM is a complex technology that requires constant tuning of correlation policies to adapt to dynamic IT computing environment and threat landscape. SIEM requires a dedicated staff of full-time security professionals to manage and analyze alerts to protect against adversaries who are working 24x7 to compromise your IT assets and steal valuable data. Unfortunately, there is a significant shortage of security professionals in the industry making it difficult for most organizations to hire and retain security professionals for 24x7 security operations. Lean IT teams are challenged to do more with less.
Benefits of SOCVue Co-Managed SIEM for Splunk ES
SOCVue Co-Managed SIEM for Splunk ES gives you 24x7 visibility and control over your IT environment without the need to invest in a large dedicated IT Security team. SOCVue combines people, process, and technology to deliver continuous security intelligence. Cygilant global SOC analysts will actively manage your Splunk SIEM, engineer and deploy security content, and fine tune correlation policies to detect suspicious and anomalous activity. Our experts conduct forensic and root cause analysis and provide timely remediation guidance to mitigate risks to your business while meeting compliance mandates such as PCI DSS, HIPAA, FFIEC, GLBA, SOX, FERPA, NERC CIP and others. You no longer need to dig through thousands of alerts or review raw log files.
Protect Critical Assets
- Safeguard customer data, PII, and PHI data, and intellectual property from cyber attacks
Saves You Time
- Advanced threat detection and remediation guidance
- 24x7 incident response by global SOC analysts
Saves You Money
- No need to invest in dedicated resources
- Affordable subscription-based SOCVue delivers best ROI
Peace of Mind
- Global SOC teams deliver around the clock monitoring
- Security content engineering, and continuous management
Regulatory Compliance and Reporting
- Comply with PCI DSS, HIPAA, FFIEC, GLBA, SOX, FERPA, NERC-CIP and others
- Cygilant is SOC2 compliant
SOCVue Co-Managed SIEM for Splunk ES Capabilities
Co-Managed Splunk ES (SIEM and log management)
- Active co-management of Splunk ES
Security Content Engineering
- Cygilant global SOC engineers will assit in developing security content such as dashboard, reports and correlation policies
- Cygilant global SOC engineers will assit in developing and tuning alerts to detect suspicious and anomalous activity
Incidence Response, Forensics Analysis and Remediation Guidance
- Cygilant global SOC analysts leverage SOCVue platform to investigative and analyze analyze alerts and minimize false positives
- Remediation guidance from global SOC analysts to mitigate risk
24x7x365 Global SOCs
- Round the clock monitoring by trained security professionals
- 1:1 consultation for continuous improvements
- Meet federal, state and industry regulations
- PCI DSS, FFIEC, SOX, GLBA, HIPAA, COBIT, ISO 27001/2. NIST and others
Reporting & Scorecards
- Daily security and compliance report
- Monthly executive and security scorecards
How SOCVue Co-Managed SIEM for Splunk ES Works
Cygilant SOCVue platform collects all relevant security and compliance information through integration with Splunk ES. Acting as an extension to your IT Team, Cygilant’s goal is to free you of laborious time-consuming tasks and deliver continuous security intelligence. Leveraging machine learning and latest big data technologies, SOCVue automatically normalizes, categorizes, correlates log data with contextual data such as threat intelligence to detect and prioritize anomalies, unauthorized access, patterns, security incidents, etc.
Our Managed Detection and Response services team of GSOC analysts leverage the SOCVue platform 24x7x365 to analyze and provide timely remediation guidance. SOCVue’s Security orchestration and analytics engines help reduce false positives and provide tools necessary for GSOC analysts in rapid investigative analysis to find the root cause of the problem, minimize false positives and prioritize incidents based on business impact and risk. Customers are notified of the severity of the incidents, the potential negative impact along with actionable remediation guidance. Built-in workflow provides auditable incident response and remediation process
IT and security teams are finally able to quickly and effectively complete critical tasks like e-mail phishing investigations, containment of compromised credentials, fixing vulnerabilities and applying missing critical patches to protect against cyber attacks, phishing attacks, malware, ransomware, and more. Cygilant empowers lean IT and Security teams to leverage their scarce resources and improve their effectiveness and to speed their time to response, all at a reasonable total cost of ownership.
We save our customers 100s of hours and 1000s of dollars every week, and give them peace of mind with 24x7 detection and response to security incidents and vulnerabilities. Get in touch to learn how we can help your organization be more resilient to cyberattacks and compliance mandates.