Challenge – Getting Value from Splunk or AlienVault
SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) is an important technology when building a robust cybersecurity program. SIEM solutions are focused on the collection and correlation of log and event data from important security technologies such as firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, endpoint management, anti-virus, anti-spam, anti-malware and others along with data from servers and applications deployed on premises, in virtualized data centers or hosted in the cloud on AWS, Microsoft Azure or other platforms. SIEM provides an important cybersecurity function that continuously captures log data (often required for specific compliance mandates) and intelligently correlates information from disparate systems to generate a fuller picture of the organization's true security posture. While individual devices or point products may provide bits and pieces of information, SIEM helps connect the dots on security risks that individual products might miss.
Many security-conscious organizations purchase a SIEM, like Splunk ES and AlienVault USM Anywhere, however, they struggle to get value out of their investments due to challenges with lack of internal staff resources, time and expertise required to deploy and manage SIEM (and log management) technology. SIEM can be a complex technology that requires frequent tuning of correlation policies to adapt to dynamic IT computing environment and threat landscape. SIEM requires a dedicated staff of security professionals to manage and analyze alerts to protect against adversaries who are working 24x7 to compromise IT assets and steal valuable data. Unfortunately, there is a significant shortage of security professionals in the industry making it difficult for most organizations to hire and retain security professionals for a 24x7 security operation. Lean IT teams are challenged to do more with less. Cygilant co-managed Splunk log management and AlienVault USM Anywhere service helps organizations protect their investment in these solutions.
Benefits of Cygilant Co-Managed for Splunk ES and AlienVault USM Anywhere
Cygilant Co-Managed Splunk and AlienVault gives you 24x7 visibility and control over your IT environment without the need to invest in a large dedicated IT Security team. Cygilant combines people, process, and technology to deliver continuous security intelligence. Cygilant global SOC analysts will actively manage your Splunk or AlientVault solutions, engineer and deploy security content, and fine-tune correlation policies to detect suspicious and anomalous activity. Our experts conduct forensic and root cause analysis and provide timely remediation guidance to mitigate risks to your business while meeting compliance mandates such as PCI DSS, HIPAA, FFIEC, GLBA, SOX, FERPA, NERC CIP, and others. You no longer need to dig through thousands of alerts or review raw log files to assess your security posture.
Improves Cyber Security
- Managed security services improve the protection of sensitive corporate data
- Managed detection and response decrease the risk of breach to sensitive personally identifiable information (PII), protected health information (PHI), intellectual property (IP) data, and much more through continuous monitoring
Delivers Peace of Mind
- Access to a global SOC team delivers around the clock SOC services including security monitoring using your existing Splunk log management and SIEM or AlienVault log management and SIEM solution
- Advanced security engineers, including threat hunters, work aggressively to ensure proper protection of IT assets
Adds Critical Security Staff
- Trained security experts work on your behalf freeing up time to work on other projects
- A 24x7 global SOC reduces the need for staff members to respond to incidents outside of business hours
Automates Regulatory Reporting
- Receive comprehensive security reporting that aligns with the requirements of regulations and cyber security standards
- Reporting services can address compliance reporting for PCI DSS, FFIEC, SOX, GLBA, HIPAA, NIST, and others
- Ensures previous capital expense on Splunk or AlienVault is protected
- Affordable subscription based SOCVue service delivers exceptional return on investment (ROI)
- Cygilant is proud to be SSAE-16 SOC 2 Type 1 compliant
- SOC2 compliance ensure our 24x7 SOC is following industry accepted SOC best practice
Co-Managed Splunk ES and AlienVault USM Anywhere
Active co-management of Splunk ES and AlienVault USM Anywhere solutions
Co-Managed 3rd Party SIEM
- Active co-management of Splunk or AlienValut helps protect investment in your existing SIEM
Advanced Security Services
- A team of global SOC engineers will assist in developing advanced security content such as dashboard, reports and correlation policies to ensure optimal benefit from Cygilant security as a service
- Cygilant global SOC engineers will assist in developing and tuning alerts to detect suspicious and anomalous activity
Incidence Response, Forensics Analysis, and Remediation Guidance
- Cygilant global SOC analysts continually investigate and analyze alerts, minimize false positives and notify your staff of security concerns
24x7x365 Global SOCs
- Round the clock monitoring by trained security professionals helps ensure continuous detection and reporting of security incidents
- Meet federal, state and industry regulations including PCI DSS, FFIEC, SOX, GLBA, HIPAA, COBIT, ISO 27001/2. NIST and others
Reporting & Scorecards
- Automated security reporting and scorecards keeps both security staff and executives fully engaged in cybersecurity efforts
Talk to an Expert
Learn how Cygilant can reduce your security vulnerabilities, improve your security workflow, and help you meet compliance mandates.
Please complete all required fields.