Cygilant Launches New Vulnerability and Patch Management Subscription Service to Support and Equip Lean IT Teams to Effectively Stop Cyber Threats and ExploitsBoston, Mass.
Cygilant (formerly EiQ Networks), a pioneer in hybrid security as a service, today launched a new combined vulnerability and patch management (VPM) subscription service. This industry-first approach to vulnerability and patch management is now available to companies that have invested in Qualys, Rapid7, and Tenable vulnerability management technologies. Cygilant VPM provides lean IT teams with a single-service offering that combines continuous co-managed vulnerability management with auditable patch management and security engineering support from its global SOCs (GSOC) to identify, prioritize, and patch vulnerabilities in order to reduce the attack surface, while reducing operational costs.
“With Cygilant Vulnerability and Patch Management we are providing a valuable service to organizations who have invested in best-of-breed vulnerability management technologies from Rapid7, Qualys, and Tenable but don’t have the resources to prevent breaches from known exploitable vulnerabilities or unpatched systems,” said Chairman, President, and CEO of Cygilant, Vijay Basani. “The job of thwarting cybersecurity attacks is a 24/7/365 job. While procuring marketing-leading VM technology is a good start, unfortunately, many IT teams run lean and are constantly being asked to do more with less. As a result, an increasing number of organizations are experiencing breaches due to known exploitable vulnerabilities and missing patches.”
Cygilant Vulnerability and Patch Management is a subscription service that combines people, process, and technology to effectively detect and fix both old and new vulnerabilities and missing patches before they are successfully exploited. The VPM service includes:
- Continuous Vulnerability Scanning – Cygilant’s Global SOC team of security engineers will schedule and manage Rapid7, Qualys, and Tenable vulnerability management solutions to continuously scan IT assets to identify vulnerabilities
- Risk-based Prioritization of Vulnerabilities – Cygilant’s GSOC team will prioritize vulnerabilities based on exploitability and business risk
- Tailored Reporting – Cygilant’s GSOC will provide daily/weekly/monthly reporting and guidance on reducing the attack surface, keeping all stakeholders up-to-date
- Patch Management – Cygilant’s cloud-based Patch Management service identifies, analyzes, and reports on missing patches on operating systems, including Windows, Linux, and third-party applications such as Adobe and Java.
- Auditable Change Management - auditable workflow to review, approve, schedule, apply, and validate missing patches by asset type and group
- Compliance Support - assistance with meeting compliance requirements related to vulnerability and patch management
- Dedicated GSOC team – a dedicated Cygilant Service Delivery Manager, backed by GSOC security engineers, provides a force multiplier effect to manage vulnerability scans and patch large IT environments cost-effectively
Cygilant VPM allows organizations to combine vulnerability and patch management processes which are usually provided by multiple vendors, hindering effectiveness and resulting in disconnected data siloes. Organizations effectively utilizing vulnerability and patch management can avoid catastrophic breaches such as the recent Equifax breach that exposed sensitive data for as many as 145.5 million U.S. consumers. Equifax IT personnel failed to install an available patch for their Apache Struts web-application software which cyber criminals were then able to easily exploit.
“Had the Equifax IT team installed the appropriate patch this massive breach wouldn’t have happened. By combining vulnerability and patch management IT teams have access to a comprehensive service that continuously detects, prioritizes vulnerabilities, and patches systems while adhering to a well-defined change management process to protect customer data and financial assets, including PII and PHI,” Basani explained.
Cygilant’s SOCVue® is a subscription security as a service that combines people, process, and technology to deliver a cost-effective information security program, including:
- Incident Detection and Response (IDR)
- Managed Detection and Response (MDR)
- Managed Incident Response and Remediation Guidance
- Proactive and Continuous Critical Security Controls Auditing
- Managed and Co-managed SIEM & Log Management
- Managed and Co-managed Vulnerability Management
- Managed Patch Management
- 24x7x365 Monitoring by Trained Global SOC Security Analysts
- Compliance Reporting
- Auditable Change Management
About Cygilant, Inc.
Cygilant, a pioneer in hybrid security as a service, is transforming how organizations of all sizes build an enterprise-class security program. Acting as a multiplier to customers’ IT teams, Cygilant provides 24x7x365 security and compliance visibility, managed incident detection, response and remediation guidance backed by best-of-breed technology, industry best practices and global SOC analysts. Cygilant is a trusted advisor to organizations that need to protect customer data, PII and PHI data, and Intellectual property against cyber threats and vulnerabilities. For more information, visit: https://www.cygilant.com
© 2017 EiQ Networks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Cygilant, the Cygilant Logo, EiQ, the EiQ logo, the SOCVue logo, SecureVue, ThreatVue, SOCVue, ComplianceVue, ForensicVue, and Continuous Security Intelligence are trademarks or registered trademarks of EiQ Networks, Inc. in the US and/or other countries. All other product names and/or slogans mentioned herein may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies. All information presented here is subject to change and intended for general information.
← Return to all News